Freitag, 28. Dezember 2012

No more excuses

Kleine Übersetzungsübung am Morgen:

No more excuses, Ald. Jackson | Too many aldermen are out to lunch instead of in the trenches || December 28, 2012 || Chicago Ald. Sandi Jackson, 7th, bristled recently when reporters asked about her lousy attendance at City Council meetings. | "I think my constituents understand this. I'm not going to respond to one or two people who have some angst about my attendance in City Council," she said. "This has been a tough year for me, there's no doubt about that." (Chicago Tribune Online)

Wenn es denn nicht in der nächsten Zeile stünde -- nicht leicht zu finden, die Abkürzung Ald. = Alderman, Stadtrat.

trench ist, hin oder her, ein Graben in unterschiedlicher Form. Muss hier in Chicago ein spezieller Ausdruck für den Tagungsraum sein, oder?